Thursday, October 19, 2023

One more week!

I have just 7 days left until surgery - I cant even begin to explain how relieved I am!! As I said in my last post, we do not have any proof that my back is causing my seizures but we do have a lot of hope that the two are related. At the very least, my back should feel much better once my surgeon puts everything back in place.
It is 3:30 am currently and I have been awake since 1 am. Before all of this started I would probably be up drinking my coffee so I could get ready to go to the gym to coach. Now I can't go anywhere but I also can't sleep because the back pain is unbearable.

 Life is kind of funny though because things are all about perspective. Yesterday a friend asked me how I was doing and I said that I was hurting a lot and didn't sleep much but I also had NOT had a seizure so it was a pretty good night! I could say the same about laat night. Only slept a couple of hours but no seizure so I'm good! 

I really really hate "seizure days" if you haven't picked up on that by now. My last one was Saturday. It takes me a while after a seizure to be fully conscious and it really knocks me out the whole day. Every time I have had one it has felt like I have lost the entire day afterwards. 

 Well, that is the update for now. We did have appointment for Skye yesterday as well but I will make another post for that sometime. I need to talk to her to see if and what she is ok with me sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment