Sunday, October 29, 2023

Surgery update!

    My spinal surgery was 3 days ago and my drs are pleased with how everything went. I was discharged from the hospital late yesterday afternoon and am definitely glad to be home. The pain reminds me of the pain I felt when I had my wrist surgery-likely because they did a lot to my bones then and now. Obviously this one has more of an affect on my overall movement though. 

  All in all though, recovery has been hard but should have a successful outcome which is really all I can hope for. I do have a lot of numbness in my left leg from the calf down to my toes and the drs put me on iv (and now oral) steroids for that but they said it could be a bit for that to ease up. It is likely due to inflammation around the nerves they messed with a lot and my body tends to not love having metal in it. 

  Due to the numbness I had to come home with a walker because my left foot drags and is weak so they don’t want me to trip and fall. I am trying to make the best of it and crack jokes along the way. Joking around is the way I cope, it doesn’t mean I’m enjoying this. Just means I’m trying to make the best of a not so fun situation  🤷🏼‍♀️ I don’t have pictures with my walker as of right now but it needs some updates and bling added first lol. I’ve already recruited help on that. 

  Shout out to all of the support and help I’ve had along the way this week though. My kids were all well taken care of - Aidan had the opportunity to go to the Fl/Ga baseball game with his girlfriend and her family, my parents came to take care of Colin while I was in the hospital because he was sick and missed the entire week of school, and Skye was living her best life with her Aunt Paigey, uncle Michael and cousin. Then for the cherry on top she went to see the Taylor swift concert movie with her bestie yesterday afternoon! I’m not expecting to see her out of bed until 1 pm after the busy weekend she had.






    But we are so thankful for the help and for all of you who reached out, checked on me (through me or through others), commented with support on my update posts, provided meals, gift cards, or donated for meals, helped with my kids, my dog, all of it. We are blessed and thankful. Let the healing begin!

   Unfortunately Alex had been caring for Colin leading up to surgery to minimize my risk of getting sick but now he has caught it. Please pray for him to feel better quickly! My kids are older thankfully and very capable of taking care and helping me but I hate that he’s sick. Also, I’d like him to not share this with me! 

  That’s all for now. Time to work on the healing process and excited at the thought of feeling better soon!


  Here is a link to our Meal train my sister made for us. We have quite a way to go before I am back on my feet and this has been such a big help to us.

Peace out hospital!
Charli missed me but Aidan took her to Starbucks so she was also living her best life 

Came home to these flowers from my sweet boy Aidan. Love that kid 🫶🏼

 
Need the right fuel for healing! Hospital food has definitely improved over the years for the most part 

No comments:

Post a Comment