Saturday, November 18, 2023

Baby steps!

   This week has been a mixed bag but I’m going to focus on the wins! I slept about 4 hours the night before last which was an improvement on the rest of the week and last night I got about 6 hours! Definitely feeling more rested this morning and a more positive. 

    My back is healing nicely and I’m now in my air cast for my sprained ankle. I am able to move around MUCH better now that with the cast on because it keeps my ankle from rolling. I have been able to be up and moving around more in my house this week. I still have not gone out of the house for anything aside from drs appointments but I’m trying to be brave and go somewhere tonight. We shall see!  

   My leg is still numb from the knee down but I told Alex I am starting to be able to feel some sensation at the top of a couple of my toes. May not sound like much but it tells me that the nerves are starting to heal which is really big deal and very encouraging. 
 
    My surgeon ordered a Bone Growth Stimulator for me and someone came and taught me how to use it yesterday. It is supposed to help facilitate the fusion in my back and I will use it for anywhere from 4 months to 9 months. It basically looks like a back brace and I wear it just for 30 minutes once a day so that’s not bad at all. 





   This morning started out a little exciting with me rolling my ankle again (I did not have my cast on yet) and then I spilled my coffee all over myself but I’m not even mad. Sleeping has put me in a pretty good mood I guess 🙃. I will need to go get more coffee though. .



No comments:

Post a Comment