Monday, November 13, 2023

Little by little

 I’m now about 2.5 weeks post op from my Spinal fusion. I intended to post an update a few days ago but I had some things I was dealing with so I just couldn’t make it happen. 

  I’ve had the expected ups and downs that are come after surgery but the overall trend is going upward which is really all I could hope for. I have not had anymore seizures since Halloween and my amount and quality of sleep has been improving. This has made me much more clear headed. Between the lack of sleep and the seizures over the past several months I really wasn’t able to think clearly at all or really function in any capacity. I have been quite zombie like. As you can imagine I am so glad to be seeing improvements in this area! 

  My pain does get intense still but is well controlled as long as I stay on top of it and I have my first post op appointment later today.  I’m still having some complications with numbness but I am not going to get into that right now. I want to talk to my surgeon and see if I can get some more input on it first.

  Positives for this past week: 

•Alex is not totally better but is definitely improving and was able to go back to the gym some this week!

•My sister in law so graciously let Skye come and spend a couple of nights there because this mama needed a break! I knew Skye would have a good time there and I love my sweet girl but she’s been quite clingy to me. She had the best time of course and I’m so thankful that they let her come and stay for a bit. 









•Colin made dinner one night last week and he’s already thinking ahead to what he will make one night this week. Going to try to make this a once a week thing. He is always so proud of himself when he makes dinner and he’s actually really good at it. 

•Aidan got a new job!! He will be working at Publix and I’m so excited for him!    

•We are so thankful for the continued love and care that is being shown to us by so many of our friends and family. As much as I like to be home and used to think I’d love nothing more than to isolate and never leave my house, the reality of it is that it can be a bit lonely. But honestly I haven’t felt that too much and that is because of so many of you! The texts, the long visits, and the quick drop-ins have all made this situation much more bearable. And the meals - we are oh so thankful for those. 

   As much as I want to do more now that I’m starting to feel better, I’m just not there yet and once again God has put the brakes on for me to make me slow down. I’m barely moving so I’m not sure how much slower I can go but I’m trying to follow the rules so I can get better. Little by little! 

Below is a peek into my morning routine. Two different days, same exact scenario! She’s just a big baby 🐾






No comments:

Post a Comment