Wednesday, May 16, 2012

It's just tradition!!

There are just some people that are friends for life. You know, the kinds of friends that you can go months with out seeing at all and then pick back up where you left off.... I have been friends with Tope since we were barely potty trained and our friendship is still going strong. We only see eachother 2-3 times a year because she doesn't live here but we make it a point to always get together when we can. Where do we go? Well, Starbucks or IHOP of course! Always one of those places. It's just what we do!!

She's in town this week and we were able to once again get together and catch up on eachothers' lives. It doesn't matter that I am living the life as a married mommy of two boys and she is living the life of a Law student (because she's a genius of course!). To others it might look like we have not much in common but she's just one of those friends that I'm not willing to give up :) I tell her about my crazy life raising two boys and she tells me about her (even crazier) life of getting through Law school. It just works!! Here are some pictures that we've taken through the years - starting with the first time she met my 4 year old, Aidan. I have some pictures from way before that but lets just say it would be embarrasing for both of us if I posted those (mostly for me though... lol)...

Get ready for a photo bomb!!!
January 2008 - Aidan and Tope's first meeting. He was 4 months old

May 2008 - Aidan (8 months)

January 2009 (16 months old) at IHOP
January 2010 (28 months old)
Just had to add this one becuase he was such a cutie... What happened!?! just kidding Aid :)

August 2010 - Right before she left for Law school :(

We didn't want her to leave but she is already done with 2 out of 3 years!! Woo hoo!!

January 2011 (3 years old)


May 2011 (3 1/2 years old) - just being crazy :p
October 2011 - I was pregnant and sick but I HAD to see her anyway
January 2012 - She's meeting Colin for the first time!! He was only 6 days old
May 15, 2012 - Watch out! They're fierce!!

He always looks forward to visiting Tope!!

He's a little bigger than last time!! (4 months old)

You know, just messing with the iPad and having a deep intellectual conversation... no big deal
Family picture!! lol :)
Well, that's all for now. We will miss you Tope!! Until next time...

1 comment: