Tuesday, July 17, 2012

My 1/2 year old

Happy 6 months to my sweet boy!


Can time just slow down a little, Please! How did 6 months of my pregnancy go by SOOOOO painstakingley slow and I blink once and my little boy is HALF A YEAR OLD!?! How does that happen? While I am loving every minute of his cute little personality that he is developing and finally noticing an improvement on the way that I feel physically and emotionally after the toll that the pregnancy took on me, I still sometimes wish I could freeze time. I honestly don't know if I will ever have newborn again - I don't know if I'm brave enough to go through another pregnancy - and that makes me sad.... Ahhhhhh, oh well, enough whining and thinking about things. It's time for an update on all my little boog is up to lately!

I took my little chunky monkey to the doctor and he now weighs 14.4 pounds and is 25 inches tall!! He has grown 10 pounds and 7 inches since he was born! Unbelievable!!
Let's see, this past month Colin has learned to sit up unassited for a LOOOONG time and he is oh so close to crawling. He has also become a champion roller. If there was a rolling event in the olympics, he has a good chance of getting the gold. It is nearly impossible to change his diapers or clothes without him flipping in the middle of it but it's so cute that I sorta don't mind it. :)

He just started to get a taste of some food and he is anxious for more! He tries to grab anything he can off of our plates and has spilled food on either Alex or me more than once because of his grabbing abilities.

He has decided that he likes to sleep on his side and he always needs a blanket to hold. We have also found a pacifier that he loves but I already made a whole post for that. Can you tell that I am SO excited to not be the only one/thing that soothes him?!

This kid is the snuggliest, most cuddly little squishy baby I've ever held. He is very different than his big brother who was much more interested in moving around. I love that he's a little snuggler! It's kind of adorable...

One thing that I am less than thrilled with is the fact that Colin has not been sleeping at night as well lately. He thinks that night time is the perfect opportunity to practice his crawling. I know it's just a phase but it's hard to function on very little sleep!

Colin is just a sweet baby with an amazing personality and I am so blessed to be his mommy. He has a smile that lights up the room and he smiles at just about anyone that smiles at him. It wasn't easy bringing him into the world but I am SO thankful I had the support and care that I had to be able to endure my pregnancy with him. I can't imagine my life without him.

That is all of the updates that I can think of for Colin. I don't know his weight and length yet because his check-up isn't for two more days, but I'll update that when I have it.

There isn't much new with Aidan, he is just doing more of the same of his goofy tactics. He is getting excited for school and his birthday (in fact, he has the next 5 birthdays all planned out). He still loves his brother and even though he is a little mischievious, he really is a good kid. Love my boys!

I won't bother with a lengthy update on myself, I'll just say that I'm doing better than I was which is awesome. I have a ways to go but it's a work in progress. I am still having nightmares, though it isn't quite EVERY night and I am definitely not as panicky during the day. So SO thankful!

Enough of the updates, here we go to with my usual photobomb!!

first time eating rice cereal
I can do it, mom!
I love this boy!!
Just hanging out with the big kids, no big deal :)
he tried cucumbers and cooked carrots
so serious...
Roooollllliiinnnngggg over :)
can't forget my big boy! He's growing so fast!!






My absolute favorite <3

No comments:

Post a Comment