Sunday, June 24, 2012

It's all about the little things!

Oh, the things we (parents) get excited about!


It never ceases to amaze me how excited I can get about something that at some point in my life would have seemed completely un-exciting and meaning-less. This week I experienced such an event...

Just for some background - I mentioned in my 5 month update that Colin has been wanting to eat more often that I think he should need to for his age. I would always feed him because there was no other way to appease him and obviously I would NOT let my baby go hungry. It was very exhausting to nurse him every 1.5-2 hours and I can't say that it never made me frustrated but that is just the way things were.

Well, this week I found a pacifier (a NUK to be exact) that I bought when Colin was a newborn. At the time that I bought it, he HATED it and gagged on it. It was too big for his mouth and the only one he could use was the preemie one from the NICU. Well, I forgot about this pacifier until this past week when I found it while going through some of Colin's things. I figured it was worth another try and guess what!?! He LOVES it! L.O.V.E.S. it!!!

I could honestly not be more excited about this. He has turned into a different baby since my little (big) discovery. He has been waiting 3 hours (and sometimes more) in between meals and another HUGE change that we have noticed is the fact that his social anxieties have improved.

He still gets nervous around people he doesn't know but he doesn't cry like he did before and he has actually let other people (besides me) hold him! HUGE change.

One other change is that he has not cried in the car since he started using this paci. He used to cry in the car every. single. time. It was torture. He would cry (or scream) from the second I strapped him in until the second I took him out. Well, no more!! I don't think I have ever loved an object as much as I love that pacifier.

So, that is my excitement for the week. If you are a parent then you probably understand why I am so excited and if not, then you probably think I'm crazy. Just wait, if you ever have kids, you WILL understand...

No comments:

Post a Comment